Friday, August 23, 2013

A Day at the Movies!

Why hello there!

I can’t believe almost a month has gone since my last blog post!

This update is on a very cool project I recently took part in. I was invited by lovely friend and fellow Makeup Artist Donna Smith to be what is known as a “daily” Hair and Makeup Assistant on a recent Pinewood Studios production called “Our Robot Overlords”.

Donna and I met about five years ago at Kennaa Equestrian Centre where I use to ride her gorgeous horse Lucy (featured on my blog post “Recent Adventures on the Isle of Fun”. Donna and Lucy now live in Manchester and I miss them both very much!

When I got the call, I couldn’t believe it, the week before I had left my full time corporate Marketing job, and suddenly I was going to be on a film set! I would be working with Donna who was the Makeup Apprentice for the shoot, her two sisters Kate and Jenna from Florence Blu and under the wing of Chief Makeup/Hair Designer Rosie Blackmore (just look at her list of credits!)

The main job for the morning was getting the extras ready for a nightclub scene. I learnt so much including a little bit of special FXs including putting blood and sweat onto the stunt doubles. I also assisted the main makeup artists on set and even got to touch up the makeup for main actors Callan McAuliffe and James Tarquey (who were absolute sweethearts!) between takes.

The most important aspect through the whole day was continuity and consistency in the makeup and hair between takes. It was an incredibly exciting day and I learnt so much. A massive heartfelt thanks goes to all the makeup and hair team who very kindly took me under their wing and were very patient with me! I am indebted to them for helping me.

I hope there will be other films on the Isle of Man I can take part in. This has given be an amazing opportunity to get a taste of the industry which I think can only benefit the Island’s economy and creative scene.

There are a few pictures from the day on my Facebook page I hope you will enjoy. In the meantime, I’m really looking forward to seeing the film.

Hope everyone has a lovely Bank Holiday weekend, I’m working on a Wedding tomorrow morning and have a wedding makeup trial in the afternoon but I am definitely going to take some time out to relax and hope the sun comes out!

Love Charlotte x







No comments:

Post a Comment