Sunday, October 17, 2010

Make Up Artist Training In Colour Directions

Hello everyone!

What else have I been up to? Well at the end of August I completed a professional make up artist course with Wendy Campbell of Image Matters. Wendy was only doing a couple of these courses so I was very lucky to get a space.

The course was based around Wendy's new mineral makeup range called "Colour Directions". The first day was spent on colour theory as well as learning about different eye and face shapes.

By the second day I was desperate to try out the make up. With a small class size we were all able to really experiment with the whole range. I will post pictures of our makeovers soon.

Theses are some pictures of the gorgeous products.







I also took part in Wendy's filming for the new range and will post a link to that soon. For now here is a sneak peak of my makeover.






Thank you to Wendy for making this course so informative and fun. I have been doing makeovers for friends and family for a long time but now I feel I have the skills and confidence to persue my hobby professionally. I am currently building a website which will feature my portfolio but for now, I shall also post a link with all my prices and services on my blog.

You can buy the Colour Directions make up online here and I really recommend you try the products out.

There are so many to choose from but I have narrowed down my top five products:

1) Mineral Photo Touch FoundationThis is so easy to work with and I love the inbuilt brush. The foundation lasts all day and you can build the right amount of coverage for you. My colour is "Linen" and it blends perfectly with my skin tone. I have tried this foundation out on lots of clients now and it's brill!

2) Volume X Mascara
This mascara gives incredibly length and volume but doesn't look clumpy or thick. I particulalry liked the plum colour for an alternative to black.

3) The single shadow quads
These are a must have for any make up artists kit bag. The range of colours are great and the colour payoff is awesome. I like to get creative and use different cominations, the possibilities are endless.

4) The artists palette
A great product to have. I can minimise redness and cover dark shadows before applying my base with this - I love it.

5) The Artists Concealer Palette
This is another must have for any makeup artist. I can get the correct skin tone for any clients with this neat little product.

I hope you will check out this make up range and hopefully you'll love it as much as I do!

Love Lottie XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment